A Year In Movies

A screenshot of Olga Kurylenko from
Terrence Malick's To the Wonder.
I have long desired to watch one movie a day for a year and then write about it online (arguably I should be doing this anyway).

First of all I'm doing it for primarily selfish reasons. I want to start expanding the library of cinema in my head and make myself a better storyteller.

There are several movie "lists" out there that I can choose from: Roger Ebert's Great Movies and the Criterion Collection to name a couple. I could simply pick a list and start viewing from the first to the last.

That sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Instead I'll sample what I can of those lists from what I have - namely Hulu and Netflix.

This is all well and good, but I want your input! What should I start with? It's my goal to have a weekly list released on Sunday to give you an idea of what I'll be watching for the next week. I'll spice it up each week with films ranging from comedy, drama, documentary, musicals, old school black & white, new school action, etc., etc.

Tomorrow I'll finish Terrence Malick's To the Wonder. A movie I started but couldn't finish thanks to Amazon's issues with their own On Demand service. That's another story.

Ironically enough I won't be starting tonight and won't be watching anything on Thursdays for at least a couple of weeks.

I can't promise every day will equal a single film, but I can aspire to watching 365 films within 365 days. That means I might be doubling up on a few of those days - but hey, I won't be complaining.

Warmest,
~Shawn

Comments

subscribe

Popular posts from this blog

Expectations

The Rich Get Richer

Bond. Jimmy Bond.